The Amilcar was a French automobile manufactured from 1921 to 1939. Their most famous model was the CGS (Grand Sport) of 1924 and featured a 1,074cc engine and four-wheel brakes. This evolved into the more sporty CGSS (Grand Sport Surbaisse). This Amilcar CGSS is fitted with a 1,244cc 4-cylinder engine and was raced in New England through the 1950s. It was purchased by Gordon Heald in 1965 and raced actively with the VSCCA until it was donated to the Heritage Museum in Sandwich, Massachusetts in 1995. The current owner bought the car at auction in 2005.